Our technical assistance and training work includes a wide range of services to communities interested in increasing fairness in pretrial processes and reducing the number of people in its jails. They include:
- Risk Population Management: we develop and validate risk instruments for specific communities, as well as provide supervision strategies, designed to protect community safety and minimize needless pretrial detention by identifying which individuals can be safely released.
- Specialty Courts: we design and develop new specialty courts, or assess existing ones, to serve as a pretrial diversion or release mechanism (such as drug courts, mental health courts, or juvenile courts).
- Pretrial Program Development: we design, develop and implement pretrial services programs.
- Program Assessment: we conduct operational and outcome-based assessments of pretrial services programs and pretrial diversion program.
- Facilitation: We facilitate negotiations on-site among system stakeholders to develop operating agreements.
- Speakers: We provide speakers to discuss alternative strategies to incarceration.
- Training Materials: We offer a wide range of training courses for pretrial services directors and staff.